Sunday, November 16, 2008

Executive Session discussions and this blog

It has come to my attention that a discussion by the Select Board on personnel issues, held in executive session of the Board, has been disclosed in an Email circulated by a town employee not involved in the issues under discussion. That employee was not even present at the meeting. I am extremely disappointed that these personnel issues have been publicized as I feel it is not in the interests of the town or the personnel involved to have these unresolved issues aired at this time. Since executive session discussions are not for public dissemination until they are resolved, I can not and will not comment here on this blog. I will delete any reference to those executive session discussions made in comments. I am certainly in favor of ...

... transparency in the operation of the government and wide ranging discussion on issues. However there are certain restrictions upon what I can and cannot properly address given my position as member of the Select Board and the restrictions placed on executive session discussions. This is one of those times.