Sunday, November 2, 2008

Select Board to set tax rate Nov 17th

The Select Board will hear from the Assessors and determine the tax rate at our meeting on November 17th. Curt Brown has an article on his blog here discussing how he sees the vote for the tax rate. I can't speak for my fellow board members ...

... but I will vote to maintain a split tax rate and to hold the split at 40%. Some may feel that it is inappropriate for me come out at this time with that statement since we have not yet had the hearing. I said during my campaign that I supported the split tax rate and I have not changed my mind.
For information about how the tax levy, tax rate and all that work see this post.
I had posted about the need for a split rate here (h/t to frankg)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, who woke Curt up?
I think you're right on this one Bill. The rationale for maintaining the 40% split now is still the same as it was last year. Dartmout is still the cheapest town around to do business in.

Anonymous said...

We should continue with the split tax rate. Why give business a deal to be in Dartmouth when they want to come here anyway! Just look at Faunce Corner Road...we should not have given incentives!
Keep the split tax!

Anonymous said...

This current select board is doing a great job so far. We need to keep the split tax and start making some changes in our town or we might have to turn the lights off again!
Like that saved us money!!