Sunday, September 21, 2008

Town Master Plan on web

I have been a critic of our town website but that does not mean that there is not a lot of good information on the site. One such example is the town's Master Plan which is linked from the site. This is the Master Plan link. (This is a large file, 5MB+, 289 page PDF document) If you have any need to reference the Master Plan,...

...it is available on the web. I feel the same should be true of most documents that the town holds. What do you think?

Those of you who will comment that no one has time to do it. Let me point out that I hold a full time job, volunteer on the Select Board, have a family, hobbies, read widely, and still find a few minutes a day to add content to this blog. It is not rocket science, what it takes is a commitment to do it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The only problem is they don't allow you access to do it. A lot of the times you ask to have something posted and it never gets done. Sometimes you feel its certain Depts that get the attention of the MIS. I think if someone was to show the Depts and allow them access more things would be posted and updating would be done regularly.

Anonymous said...

Bill:

Any idea why there is a Dartmouth police car sitting outside your house nearly every morning at around 7:00 a.m. to 7:20 a.m. or so? What are they waiting for?

You would think they could find something better to do at that time, like ensuring cars are stopping when they see the flashing red lights on the school bus. That seems to be a problem....

Bill Trimble said...

I leave for work about that time most mornings and I have not observed the patrol car there. As far as stopping for school buses, that is about the time that the high school bus goes through the neighborhood and if a patrol car were there, they would be able to enforce the school bus law.
I have noticed a patrol car enforcing the speed limit on Cross Road on weekends and did see a patrol car stopped on Hixville but I don't remember seeing it on more than one occasion. Do you have a particular concern about this patrol car? What would you like me to ask the Chief about it?

Anonymous said...

Bill:

I've seen the patrol car numerous times on Hixville Road sitting across the road just before your home, and at the top of Mosher Lane.

My curiosity is that until a few months ago, one NEVER saw patrol cars in that area, even though people fly through at high rates of speed.

I guess it is paranoia, but my spouse and I wonder if they are waiting to pull over a particular car...who knows!

We just think it is strange to have such a high level of security after years of pretty much none at all.