Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Democratic Town Committee meeting tonight

The Democratic Town Committee will hear from representatives of US Senate hopeful Alan Khazei this evening at their meeting in the Southworth Library at 6:30 PM.
Mr. Khaozei is founder of the City Year service program.
A synopsis of his views on issues of the day can be found at this link.
This is an interesting race and I have some agreement with most of the Denmocratic candidates. I would like to see more women in the Senate so I could support Ms. Coakley. Mr. Khazei and Representative Capuano hold progressive views that I support. Mr Pagliuca is a Republican in all but registration and running for ego reasons in my opinion.
The late Senator Kennedy was renowned ...

... for his excellent constituent service staff. I would like to see that continue. KAJ314 makes the case in this post over at Blue Mass Group blog that Mr. Capuano is most likely to continue that tradition of constituent service.
What do you think, are constituent services a good reason to select a candidate? How about gender? Who do you like and why?

No comments: