Thursday, December 17, 2009

Tis the season to be ... generous

I got this email from Ms. Stone today

While talking with Lynn Medeiros, our town clerk, I learned that many tags remain on the gift tree posted outside her office. Traditionally staff from Town Hall adopt different children and adults (connected through the Council on Aging) and purchase needed gift items during the holidays. This year it appears that adoptions are not happening at the same rate. It always feels good to give-- so off I went in search of a Tonka truck and some clothing for (2) 5 and 6 year-old girls. If it works for you to participate, I know that Lynn would appreciate the support. Gift items must be purchased, wrapped up and brought back into her by first thing on Monday AM 12/21.

Help out if you can. Have a happy, joyous and blessed holiday!

I seem to be getting more requests in the mail from charitable organizations for donations than I remember getting in the past. Economic hard times, I guess. How about you? Are you seeing more holiday giving requests?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Bill, I didn't realize there was a gift tree at town hall! I'm going to go there today.